Jackie Aina is a professional makeup artist and Nigerian beauty blogger from Southern California. Servicing clients and weddings throughout the Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire and San Diego areas. Also specializing in editorial, commercial and beauty makeup since 2009. Available for travel and work internationally.
Shop for all the fashion, accessories, and products I use in my tutorials on Markkit!
Use coupon code onpoint89 to get the Ultimate Basics Starter Kit for $89 while supplies last!
Aaaaah I’m finally back to blogging!!! SO unbeknownst to me the housing manager decides he wants to rewire wifi for the entire building -_- which means potentially no internet for up to two weeks. Bare with me guys!
Here’s an outfit I rocked while my trip home in LA, the weather was beautiful by the way!
MAC Oil Control Lotion
MUFE HD Foundation
Sumita Eyebrow Pencil in dark brown
Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Painted Purple
Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette
Sugarpill Lumi Pigment
Sugarpill Darling Pigment
MAC Vex eyeshadow
Maybelline Ultra Liner
Maybelline Lash Stiletto
MAC Contour Powder in Shadowy
MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural
NYX Dusty Rose Blush
MAC Cork Lipliner
NYX Hippie Chic
Ben Nye Banana Powder
Quick blog post on what I wore yesterday while visiting LA. Yes, that’s right! I’m visiting my family in Cali this week It feels SO good to be with my loved ones for a minute…
I am LOVING this weather out here!!!! I’ve been hearing a lot of gripes about how hot LA weather has been, don’t get me wrong the complaints are valid. But this is NO WHERE near as unbearable as it is in the middle east! lol we’re talking about 120-125+ weather we get out there.
Today’s outfit is cool, calm and comfy; I have laid my hoochies shenanigans to rest for today lmao
Hey guys! I hope all of you are having a fabulous weekend. I’m back today with another highly requested tutorial, this time for my gals (or guys) with hooded eyelids.
A hooded eye, for those of you that don’t know, basically describes the type of eyelid that is partially covered by skin when the eye is open. Not that this is some type of rare disease or anything like that, hooded eyes are actually quite common! Some hooded eyes are more exaggerated than others, you may even have one and not know it! Stars such as Taylor Swift, Madonna, Renee Zellweger, and Blake Lively, all have hooded eyes.
Being that this eye shape is so popular and I’ve been getting tons of requests for it, I borrowed my friend Debbie, who is a hooded gal, to volunteer for this makeup video.We’re also dealing with several different factors in this makeup look:
1. Blue/green eyes – for those of you that want to see makeup looks the compliment your eye color
2. Mature skin – Debbie is also in her early 40′s and fabulous, I know there are some mature ladies out there who watch my videos for makeup tips, this video is for you!
Only the eye portion of this look was filmed, but here’s what I used for Debbie’s complete makeup look:
Makeup Forever HD Foundation
MAC Peaches Blush
MAC Highlighting Powder in Accentuate
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume
Smashbox Photofinish Lid Primer
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch #2
MAC Mouth Off Lipliner
MAC Chicory Lipliner
MAC Prep & Prime Skin Refined Zone
MAC Stubborn Brown Eyeliner
The ever so popular gradient/ombre lip has taken everyone by storm, it’s fun, funky and photographs amazingly well for photoshoots.
Whether you’re just looking to try something new, a way to spice up your portfolio or just color obsessed like me, stay tuned and I’ll show you the technique I used so that you can follow suit using whatever products you prefer!
There’s many different types and color arrangements for this look, today I went for something summer inspired and I used a combination of lip pencils and OCC Lip Tars.
1. Moisturize. Begin with clean, well moisturized lips. If need-be use a lip exfoliator to get rid of deadskin. I used the Bubble Babez Lip Dujoir in Cotton Candy, which smells and tastes amazing! http://www.bubblebabez.com/
2. Conceal. This step may vary from person to person but I have darker lips and wanted an even palette to work with to get maximum color payoff so I dabbed a bit of concealer over my lips first.
3. Lipline. This step is also optional, you can go right in with color or line your lips first. I wanted to add some pink so I lined my lips with Magenta Lipliner by MAC. Use a lip brush to blend out the lipline so you don’t have any harsh lines, and this will also begin the gradient/fading effect to the look.
4. Color. Apply Hoochie Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. Start on the outside of the lips and leave enough room in the center of the lips for 2 additional colors, or whatever design you are going to do. Apply with a lip brush. I HIGHLY suggest starting off with minimal product as Lip Tars can be a bit tricky to work with. A small amount goes a long way. Build your way up for more color payoff. Dab the lip color on versus sliding around as you would any other lip color as dabbing it will give you a bit more control since color placement is key.
5. Apply Banjee Lip Tar on the center/middle of the top and bottom lips. You still want to leave a bit of space in the inner-most center of the lips for that yellow we’ll be apply later. Again, apply with lip brush. Go back and forth between the purple and the orange on your lips to make it appear as if the two colors are blended into one another.
6. Time for the yellow! I used Traffic Lip Tar and began dabbing a bit of this into the inner most center of the lip.
7. Conceal. Got carried away? Made a few mistakes around the lip lines? Take an angled brush and dab it into the concealer we used earlier and use it to clean up any mistakes around the mouth and to trace out a smooth, perfected line for a flawless look.
And Viola! Whatever you do, DON’T rub your lips together!
This is obviously just for looks and not for someone looking for a long-term commitment.
Here’s another combo I did using MAC Minted Eyeliner around the outer rim of my lips, OCC RX liptar, and Hoochie Lip Tar in the center. This isn’t exactly an ombre look, more like tyedye-ish but it’s still pretty neat right?