Jackie Aina is a professional wedding makeup artist from Southern California. Servicing weddings throughout the Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire and San Diego areas. Also specializing in editorial, commercial and beauty makeup since 2009.
Getting rid of some stuff I really don’t use anymore with a mini blog sale! And since everyone is knocking out holiday shopping I thought I’d do my part in adding to some of the awesome sales out there!
My previous blog sale did really well and tons of you guys have been asking me to have another one. Although I’m not selling nearly as much stuff as I was last time I am most certain you’ll be able to find some good quality stocking stuffers here (check out the airbrush machines!!)
Just some basic rules:
-ALL sales are final
-No international shipping
-Items sold as a set will not be sold separately! No exceptions.
-shipping is calculated based on your location
-$35.00 FOR THE ENTIRE LASH COLLECTION that’s .77 cents per lash for Red Cherry, MAC, Ardell, etc.
PLEASE READ: The paypal buttons aren’t working for some reason I’ve tried several times to get them to act right but they refuse. Please leave a comment with your email address and the items you’d like to purchase and I’ll promptly send you an invoice. Thanks! xo
YAY for November Favorites! This month I have a few monumental things I find myself constantly reaching towards on almost a daily basis whenever I do my makeup. I hope you find my favorites this month as exciting as I did! In this video I also announce my BH Cosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette giveaway winner, and stay tuned for a public service announcement towards the end of the video
1. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Because I’m growing out my brows this month and it’s helped speed up their growth tremendously! Also please take note: I do not, repeat DO NOT use this for my lashes! Because I’ve heard one of the side effects of lash serums is lash shedding once you stop using them. I’d rather not take the risk and my natural lashes are fine as-is so I’ve used this strictly for my brows and yes it does work!
2. Bobbi Brown Eyeshadows Because they’re SAWFT (soft in my Brooklyn accent), super pigmented and easy to blend. I want all of them in my kit immediately. IMMEDIATELY!
3. MAC ProLongwear Concealer Remember that time when I hated this concealer?! Not anymore! Why the change of heart all of a sudden? I have no clue. One day I just picked up my Beauty Blender and decided I was going to to use it and it blended like a dream. Way better than the first time I used it with a foundation brush! Bare in mind: this stuff high matte formula makes for an instant set, once the ProLongwear concealer is set it does NOT move. I find it is much easier to use with a damp sponge because it allows you to maintain control of the product.
4. Sacha Cosmetics Kamaflage Foundation Palette This palette right here is the reason why I’ve been able to pull off growing out my brows for so long. Talk about FULL COVERAGE! I’ve been using them to ‘hide’ some of the regrowth and by golly this stuff covers! Their thick and creamy consistency reminds me a lot of the Kevyn Aucoin concealers. This stuff aint your grandmother’s Coastel Scents! (At least if it is they sure could have fooled me!)
And that’s it for this month! Short but sweet, so you know it’s real
What products are you digging this month?? Please share! *hugs* love you guys! Congratulations to my giveaway winner!
Who was your favorite red carpet look from this years AMA’s? I’m not going to lie, I about peed my pants when I saw Ciara. I mean, does she always have to slay? Her victim count must be something serious, this woman is the sun, the moon and the stars to me. Just everything!
I thought Rihanna looked pretty nice as well, but I’m kind of on the fence about the wrap hair style. People are making it sound as if it was revolutionary as if she’s the only person who could pull it off lol she’s not though. People wear their hair like this all the time. On the same note people are making it out to be a huge red carpet no-no, I didn’t think it was terrible, I just wasn’t all that sold on it. Rihanna stans do the absolute most sometimes!
Who was your favorite this year on the red carpet? If you wanted to see me recreate another AMAs makeup look who would you choose? Tell me in the comments down below!
I hope this is an amazing start of the week for all of you, thanks for reading! xo
I promise you the only thing I ate today was mashed potatoes, broccoli and onion soup for breakfast. Then for dinner my dad made carne asada and Chinese fried rice. Lord knows I don’t eat thanksgiving food so thank God something else was on the menu for once this year! So since I’m not bloated this holiday season I figured – why not get fly today?
I want to keep this short, but I want to wish you all a truly special Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for all of you who take the time to read my blog, comment and show love. You guys are incredible! Hugs to you all x
Anybody else HATE Thanksiving food or it is just me? Not a fan of whole turkey, cranberry, stuffing, I don’t even really eat Nigerian food either…I know, I know, I am dismissed because I know good and well it’s JUST me. Guess at least I’ll go in a corner and look cute instead with this Thanksgiving outfit of the day and makeup tutorial Get ready with me for turkey day yall! Yay!
I absolutely LOVE how simplistic yet sexy this dress is! Here are the deets on the fit
So in case you guys haven’t noticed (and I have yet to announce this on my channel) I’ve been working quite closely with a new website called Markkit. This started off as my BABY yall. They contacted me earlier this summer with just the concept and I absolutely loved it. Basically they make it a one-stop shop to find the products I use in my videos. That way t’s much easier for YOU as a viewer to shop for the things you love while I use them in each tutorial. They will be customizing pages to each individual video I upload since I am one of their style influencers and I think it’s downright brilliant and will make things SO much easier for you guys! Plus they have CUTE clothes. Go see for yourself!!
And here’s the makeup look
This emerald green eyeshadow I got from Bobbi Brown is one I’ve been dying to use for a long time, and I’m glad I finally did. I love how the colors compliment my bleached hair.
Here are the deets on the makeup we used in this tutorial
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream
Bobbi Brown Eye Cream
Ellis Faas Foundation | S107
Bobbi Brown Powder | Pale Yellow
MAC Brow Crayon | Spiked
Sacha Cosmetics Foundation Palette
Maybelline FitMe Concealer | Cafe
Bobbi Brown Longwearing Creme Shadow Stick | Forest
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow | Forest
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow | Camel
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow | Mint
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara
MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Natural | Dark Deep
Covergirl Queen Collection Bronzer | Q120
NARS Blush | Dolce Vita
The products used can be found on my Markkit page
That’s pretty much it folks! How do you feel about voiceovers? It definitely helps me condense my tutorials down, but I know that generally you guys prefer me to speak through my tutorials. Let me know what you’d like to see more of, or a little bit of both maybe?
I hope you guys have a PHENOMENAL Thanksgiving, and by kicking off the holiday week I’ll tell you ten things I’m definitely thankful for all year round:
1. My relationship with Jesus Christ
2. My family
3. An amazing support system
4. Struggle (believe it or not it makes you who you are and builds character)
5. TEN MILLION VIDEO VIEWS ON YOUTUBE! I can’t believe you guys put up with me this far LOL!
Love you all. Thank you so very much for reading, supporting, commenting, liking, and sharing my videos. Each of you have solidified my belief that I am exactly where I am supposed to be and doing exactly what I should be doing with my life. Thank you for that.